Saturday, July 26, 2008

IKEA


My mother, my sister and I went to IKEA today for the IKEA sale. Woo Hoo!!. We were surprised there were not this huge traffic jam at the entrance even though we went at around 11.30 am on Saturday. As we were looking for a parking space, suddenly this "pak guard" told us we could park at this space.

It was the "no parking space" okay but I got the "pak guard" picture so any clamping would have its deadly consequence from me muahahahah! :D.


We bought some small carry on stuff here and there including new glasses to repair the ones that we all broke :D. There were many items that were on sale which is not no longer available because they were out of stock.

Of course, all that shopping causes us all to be hungry. So off we went to the Ikea Restaurant. I have to admit this is THE BEST part of going to IKEA. I just love the food here.


I had the Chicken leg with herb gravvy, carrots and potatoes. The veggies and potatoes were a bit undercooked but still edible. The gravy is just nice, not too salty and the chicken is soft and juicy.


My mom had the Sweedish Meatballs with gravy, with a side of fries and lingoberry jam. This is so good, I love the meat ball and lingoberry combination. YUMMY!!!!.

My sister had the special of the day which is Chicken chop. Fried chicken with special gravy and fries.

We also had the so called Mexican bun, which looks like muffin or cup cakes to me. Both were good, chocolate and I think blueberry.

The chocolate Daim almond cake is something you should NEVER miss. This slice of heaven is so good, you can even buy the frozen ones to take home at the cafe near the check out counter. The mazarin on its life is also a bit of heaven that can be eaten. I forgotten what its made off but I will definitely get these again :).

The price is affordable with the quality and quantity that you get. I love it and the drinks whether soft drinks or hot drink have unlimited refills. Now that is true value :)

14 comments:

ita.itu said...

yaampun ikea ..dah lama x shopping kat ikea la..ada dah 3 bln...bud saje je tau ko tayang kek daim ek.jahat tau

Unknown said...

kak ita:
muahahahaha!!! :p

ape lagi kak, sila2 bwk abg, adik and hubby ke sana :D

@xiM said...

meatball kat IKEA nih aku suka sangat!!

satu lagi karipap yang jual kat situ tuh...mmm sedap nyer!!

erkkk makanan lagi ke aku komen nih...hishhh memang hantu makan kan..kahkahkah

Ad said...

dah ramai suh ad pi rasa meatball tu..x rasa2 lagi...

IKEA/CURVE dan area2 situ malas sgt ak pi..padahal dulu bertahun duk sri damansara x jugak turun situ..


tapaukan leh tak?kekekeke

Unknown said...

axim:
yup2 tgh mkn karipap ayam telur dia nih. ngap ngap :p. muahaha!! takpe comment pasal makanan, kita kan org malaysia, suka giler dgn makanan

Ad:
heh heh, lagi dekat kita dgn suatu tempat tuh lagi lah tak heran nak pi :D. tapau? boleh, takut sebelum sampai ke tangan ad dah habis meatball tu bud makan, hehehe :D

Perky said...

I love the meatballs! You should also try their chicken wings. That one sedap also.

Ikea's like my second home as it's close to my home & office. So usually in the evenings, we'll drive there for karipap for tea :)

[danial][ma] said...

hej! budlee...last time the meatball with boiled potato and i think it is more healthy than chips (fries) and my favourite is steamed salmon...and that daim cake too...hhhmmmm...quite sometimes i haven't been to Ikea...i think next weekend i should go to Gateshead IKEA...just for window shopping...to de-stress...

Unknown said...

perky:
havent tried the meatballs yet

heheh i know that, i read from the blogs you live close to that area

if i duduk dekat pun i pun selalu gi ikea :p

Unknown said...

perky:
eh silap i meant the chicken wings
hehe asyik fikir pasal meatball jer

Unknown said...

danial:
yup2 in the past advert on the restaurant they have boiled potatoes. i guess malaysian prefer their potatoes deep fried :D. the daim cake is fantastic. i like going there and just sit in their sample homes. so cosy :)

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

so what did u get from the ikea sale? anything nice?

Unknown said...

chen:
aha! at the next entry :D

Anonymous said...

ALAMAK
i miss ikea (",)

JamesOsani said...

IKEA is a great store, we have one here on Long Island that opened in 1991. Sometimes I just go in and walk through the showrooms to get ideas and see what's new. I always put some time aside to get a bite to eat in the restaurant, I love Swedish meats, sauces and deserts. The first time I went to IKEA was 1994 and I walked out with a small dresser for my new studio apartment. It blew my mind.