Tuesday, June 24, 2008

DNA and my weight

ARGHH!!! I am still not getting any reading on the agarose gel for my tachyzoites DNA extraction. Its getting insanely frustrating. I recent consulted with those who have been doing extraction for a long time. I found out I may need to double or triple my sample concentration. Also if I take the eluted DNA, and run PCR on it with my primers, I should be able to get a read a band on the gel, because PCR will amplified the minute DNA that is not present when running the agarose gel

This was my blood result during the first time I joined my University research on obesity. As usually all the reading are high, but it shows that I don't have diabetes or high blood pressure. However by HDL is low and my fat content is high, which is normal for me, who are fat already. I do hope all these number that should be low will be reduced by August and the number that are low should increased. huhuhu i hope so :p

2 comments:

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

all the best!

Josh said...

Try to test the concentration using spectrophotometer. Then use the concentration to do calculation to the mixture for PCR.

All the best to u Bud.