Monday, February 23, 2009

A smile

This was a dialogue at my gym:

Gym consultant:
Abg, I am Suraya, if your gym membership is about to expire,please don't hesitate to contact me

Me:
Huh?

Suraya:
Nani was your gym consultant right?

Me:
Yah, why?

Suraya:
She just quit, so I am you gym consultant, if you want to renew please contact me okay, when does your gym membership expires?

Me:
Julai

Suraya:
Alrite, abg. I hesitated to talk to you soon because you never seem to smile. It seemed like you are mad all the time.

Me:
(laughed and smiled back at her)


I guess she is right. I usually don't smile to strangers who look at me. For me I find it creepy to smile at people you don't know and it take a great deal of energy for me to do so. Unless you chatted with me or said hi, then I will be all smiles. It kinda makes a bad first impression, but then if I don't know you why should I smile to you. It can be a disadvantage to me or it can be forte. Nobody is perfect, but I get along fairly easy with most people because I do talk a lot, and I can be very blunt. Just like how wahaza experienced in the afternoon what kind of dirty talk I was giving to him :p

5 comments:

Sam said...

A friend's sister once gave a couple of my friends the stare of death (including me); she didn't really mean it, she was just looking up from her homework then (we were all 13; she was 15).

To this date: we are always terrified whenever she shows up. :P

Josh said...

"Janji ye baaang!"

:-P

cDeeAbdulRazak said...

senyum tu kan sedekah bang...
matilah...

Beskal Chap Ayam-CUBE said...

tapi senyumannya itu manis

Perky said...

I'm reminded of the song they once used for a tv ad for maybank... i think it goes something along these lines: "a smile makes two".