Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fractional CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing

I used to have relatively flawless skin. My pictures are not photoshopped its just that when all the imperfections I seen its not caught on film. My skin is just very oily, enlarged pores and I have blackheads. Pimple was not a major issue since it only one or two will come out. Afterwards when I shaved off my sideburns I noticed that there was a large pigmentation on my right cheek. I have no idea when it formed but it got worse when I had the sudden acne breakout.

 Back during the carefree acne free days

 Then because of stress that I induced upon myself because I could not control myself, my acne came out and it came out with a vengeance. When I removed it, it left many scars on my face.

 My acne scars frames my face like it did when I was 13.

 The pigmentation on my right cheek was aggravated by the acne scars and treatment

 This was taken about 30 minutes after the procedure. I was told that it would be "hot" and there would be a burning sensation. It was true actually, my face felt like it was on fire for a while. I was told to take some pain killers if the pain was starting to be uncomfortable. Which it did but after a Panadol, my face just felt tingling.

 It looks like sunburn but with a distinctive uniformed patterned of the laser

I was told, my face would look like this for about a week but I would see improvement in a few days. A minimum SPF 15 sunblock is compulsory after this treatment. No toner, no scrub, no peel of mask and no harsh cleanser should be used on the skin. I really can't wait to see the end result of this treatment. This is an article about Fractional CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing.

A good friend of mine, Dr Chen, did this treatment. He has other treatments available at his clinic Mediviron at UOA building. He is a great friendly doctor that will put your at ease regardless of whatever you need to do.
Post a Comment