Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tugu Negara

I had vague memories about visiting this national monument. I felt I have been there, but perhaps around 20 years ago. Tugu Negara a monument where we pay respect to those who fought against the Communist. I felt a chill down my spine when visiting this monument. I mean without these people we would have been a communist state like Cuba and China.
These people fought with their lives in order for us to be completely free. My history is pretty rusty but I remembered the communist era was really bad. I mean even though we were colonized by the British, all the wanted was just our resources, Japanese did almost the same, but of them usually kept our faith and most of our way of life to our selves. The communist however want a radical change. No royalty, no religion, and everybody is equal. That is something all of the people back then would not take. So we fought gruesomely and won. So these monument is for those who lost their life so we could finally be free. So many sacrifices were made by the Malay, Chinese and Indian so that we could have what we have today. Yet there is always parties who wants to rip the ties our forefather made in the past.

It was weird since I was the only Malay or Malaysian at the Tugu Negara. The rest were tourist happily snapping pictures. Too bad there was no one to tell them the story of this monument


2 comments:

Shopaholic_Sinful said...

hahaha.. talking about tugu negara nih.. i been there when i was small... now i jst passed by the area.. have never thought of wanting to got here anyway... :)

GraFiQuE said...

heh, masa seronok lawat Planetarium (loves the 3D show) pernah tersesat... jauh jalan sampai gak kat Tugu Negara... huh, jauh tuhhhhh.... tp tuh la pengalaman aku...

isk.. camana nak balik arr! ekekeke