Monday, January 5, 2009

Silver

This is what I got for spending a Saturday in the lab. Silver nitrate staining using an old kit that is not even sold anymore by the company that produced it. Luckly it still works, although it was stained too much because I forgotten to prepared the stopping solution to stop it from staining too much. This has my crude protein, which literally mean a broken form of my T. gondii (by freezing, thawing, sonicating, and centrifuging), my surface antigen 1 protein and the protein marker. Hmm my prof would love to have this picture, although the main problem would be that funny line across the gel. It seem I am the only one whose gel has these streak mark across it. Hmm well, back to the drawing board..

*slowly but surely getting there...to the finish line..

2 comments:

@xiM said...

hAPY nEW yEAR bUDDY!!

Josh said...

Finally I can read your blog. Eventually, some 'banned' words disappear.. hahaha

That's a nice staining! good work Bud!