Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Normality

My parents and sisters are back from Dubai. My stint as a single parent for one month is finally over. Things are back to normal. Although the ride home was a little disappointing for me. I looked forward for things they buy to bribe me because of my sacrifice in this month. I was looking at jeans, shorts, and shoes... but all they got me was fabric.. great.. fabric... i am just tingling with excitement... suddenly the one month trouble i went through was for nothing... fabric to make slacks.. (i got enough slacks already and i don't even wear them anymore) fabric to make shirts.. (great... i don't wear shirt to class anymore...) and fabric to made into baju melayu.... (great.. something I wear once a year..) its like a total disappointment really.. i look forward to them coming home.. hmm yah i should be thankful i no longer need to be responsible for the house, money or discipline... but i felt like i have the short end of the deal here.. they got shoes, bags and oh boy.. fabric!!!.. just great really.. i don't feel like going out to the living room and look at the fabric they bought.. who cares really.. i feel like retaliating..... hmmm i still have their ATM card, and credit card. I still have some more cash leftover after my huge withdraw at the bank...

4 comments:

tinta said...

My sisters and families had just come back from annual tour to Sumatera.They are now waiting to fly to Korea.
As usual, some token were not forgotten to my kids, my hubby and me too. It is true that most of the token presented are something that I don't really need; but to me what is more important is "ingatan di sudut hati"...:)

Unknown said...

Dr Malina:
i do wish "ingatan di sudut hati" could payback all the things I had to go through the month and the days they had left me behind.

ArnabGumuk said...

tak pe la bud simpan je kain tu...the best is always yet to come...

Unknown said...

arnab:
hmm what to do, simpan jer la, nak buat baju time convo nanti..

kakak dan mak dgn yakinya kedai yg dia org beli kain nih, tan seri and dato beli utk buat baju..

yey.. so exciting....