Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hear and Here

I checked my punch card, this was the second day of the second week, that I have it. It was also the starting of my own personal hell. I use to like to come to the lab, do work, or just hang out. Now, its like a torture prison for my head. Right now the phone is a time bomb, just waiting to explode or worst, ring, and he would be calling asking me where I am. Not physically, not mentally but on my thesis. Its my fault for letting my thesis on hold definetly, but right now I just can't stand him, even more than usual. This has gotten so bad, the first thing I think when waking up, is that HE might be there. Even when I do my thesis, I can hear his voice echoing inside my head, complaining that I am too slow (I am), or that it does not fit to be a Master thesis. Even now, I can feel his presence somewhere in campus, breathing and just waiting to catch me just when I let my guard down. How ironic that a few of my friends had problems with their advisers, one was not compatible with his, a second friend was let go by his advisor, and 2 other friends said after doing their masters with their advisor, they won't pursue PhD anymore do to the trauma they had to endure. Every day I pray he won't call, or come by to the lab. I feel I have a ball and chain that ties me down where ever I go. IgG2a, humoral immunity, Th2, congenital immunity, cyst burden, recombinant surface protein, chinese hamster ovary, chi square distribution... many things are jumbled up inside, even though I feel like I have the answer in my mind, HE seemed able to appear inside my head and slashed everything wrong, and I have to say it according to the scientific grammar. Seriously.....medical journals are like an inside joke, only a few people inside a community understand it and the rest of the world can't make sense of it. If you do break it down, to normal people, its just not funny or interesting anymore

No comments: