Thursday, February 4, 2010

Baked

2010 has been terrible due to the mistake of 2009 and 2009. The hardest part that it hits is my waist and financial freedom. In 2009, whenever I feel incredibly stressed, I would just bake or whip something up. Sure it sounds like a recipe for adding excess pound, but actually, it does not. It does take a lot of work to whip out a creation that not many have taste. Most of it revolves around my childhood in the US. Too bad most of the food there is non halal, so not much I could taste. I eat what Malay normally eats, rice and "lauk".

However my interest in the American food I have never been able to eat, has risen over the past few months. Its a treat for both myself, family and friends. I can't believe I forgotten they joy of baking and seeing people reaction to it.
These are a type of bread that American call as biscuits, while the British calls them scones. Its a type of bread. American eats it with dinner or lunch with gravvy, while British enjoys them with tea and jam.

Put it a hot dog in it, and you get pigs in blanket. A simple hors d'ourves or a snack for parties. The recipe I used requires no kneading because I hate anything that requires more that 3 steps (mix, drop and bake). I am going to tweak this a bit and see how it goes with using oil only or at least less milk..

No comments: