Thursday, October 20, 2011

Galaxy Ace with Android Gingerbread 2.3.4

I was like many of the android users out there who was itching to get the new Android Gingerbread OS. Most of the updates are for the high end phones but for mid range phones such as my Galaxy Ace, the update comes later. Well better late than never.


I updated it using the Samsung Kies software. Whenever you connect your phone to Kies, it will inform you whether there was an update to the the firmware. Since there was an update I decided to do it. After around 30 minutes or so, my update was done (depends on your Internet connection). I haven't explored my Gingerbread, but I already feel that it feels a bit faster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mine are still froyo, so meaning that slower than yours, right?

Unknown said...

i am not sure about the speed :p but i heard battery life is better on the gingerbread..

i found that the music player is now lay out better.. i am not sure about other changes...