Sunday, February 15, 2015

I plan to move into my own house soon, at least when I think I will be doing it. As of writing, I still haven't finished with the loan. I think I am going to list down things that needs to be buy for me to fully enjoy my home. It's kinda scary actually. I am buying a really expensive home relative to my pay. It's about MYR 255k. That seemed expensive but in reality it's the cheapest home among a group of colleagues that are buying houses at the same time too. So I like to fantasize a lot, so I am going to plan what are the things I think I need to have in my house when I plan to live there on my own. These are literally the basics. I plan to shop at two places which is SenQ and Ikea.SenQ is nice because there is a extra warranty of the products, so its a better piece of mind for me. Maybe Ikea won't be on my list because I do think the stuff there is relatively expensive, but we will see

Kitchen

Fridge RM 1,300
Stove RM 200
Microwave  RM 200
Oven Toaster RM 100
Rice Cooker RM 100
Washing machine RM 1300

Living room

TV RM 1000

Bathroom

Heater RM 500


Bedroom

AC RM 1600

Those are excluding fans, light fixtures and grills
Ceiling fans should cost me around RM 150 each, I suspect I will be needing at least 2. One for the master bedroom and the other one for the living room. Maybe I will add another one for the dining area, but who knows.
The grill to cover my windows and front doors should set me back around RM 5k. I'll think I will leave about RM 3k for lights or less. Just simple light fixtures. I plan to keep the house relatively basic. I might opt out for a basic kitchen top, but who knows, if I don';t have enough money, I won't do it, if the it annoys my eyes a lot I might just do

Now lets go to Ikea and find out how much I can spend. I might have trouble here, because Ikea dos not deliver to Nilai. So lets just pick up pieces that I know can't fit in my future car.


Bedroom

Bed RM 300
Mattress RM 1000
Sheets RM 200
Pillow RM 200
Closet and Cupboard RM500

Living room

Couch RM 1500
Small table  RM 30

Dining

Tables RM 300
Chairs, RM 100

Kitchen

Lol..none maybe... use some banquet tables or something...

My romanticized version of moving in is my house will only need to have

Fridge,
Stove
Mattress
Hanging rack

This would cost me around 3k? That is the minimum amount, that I could definitely live day by day, the rest of the stuff can be bough slowly and surely.

No comments: